Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving.  I love that the focus is on being thankful, not presents.  Families are together and of course there's the FOOD!  I've learned over the years that the fun for me is to cook with the people you love.  The eating is just the extra.  
A blog about Thanksgiving isn't complete without a mention of my mom.  She spent Christmas in Phoenix and Thanksgiving with me.  I'll miss her terribly.  Ok, Mom, for you, "GO COWBOYS!!"  It was always a balancing act to get the food on the table either at half time or just as the game was over.  Mom would always come in for a little taste during a commercial.  I've got to assign that task to someone.  Any takers?
I'm thankful for family, friends, and the abundance of blessings that God gives each of us.

1 comment:

The Murphys said...

I am excited to be having Thanksgiving with you this year!! I think it has been at least three years since we have been together for the holiday!! Sorry though, no Cowboys (or any other game), I hope you guys can settle for some music or a dvd : ) Love you!!