Thursday, June 28, 2012

Arkansas Trip - The people

The first blog about the Arkansas trip has to be about the people.
Chris went with me and it was wonderful to see Arkansas through her eyes. We laughed until we cried and didn't have a single moment that wasn't great.
Cynthia and Jimmy Donaldson live in Yellville, Arkansas. This is up in the Ozarks and it is breathtakingly beautiful. They welcomed us with open arms.
Kay lives in Searcy, Arkansas and was the person who motivated me to go visit. She was a wonderful hostess to the get together for the kids I went to elementary school with in Cotton Plant.
I got to see Kay, Vivian, Patsy, Rita and Gary. We didn't have any trouble getting to know each other as adults, talk about our childhood, and laugh.
The Cotton Plant cousins were great. They welcomed us and were genuinely glad we came to visit. The top picture from left to right: Homer and Sue (Girkin) Reeves, me,Rose Girkin (Bobby's wife). Second picture: me with Martha (Girkin) and Wayne. I'm really sad that I didn't get a picture of Bobby.
The last cousin to see was Lynn Taylor. He is the perfect Southern gentleman. These people made the trip so amazing.

1 comment:

The Murphys said...

It's nice to have people to greet you when you get where you're going!!