Friday, June 29, 2012

Arkansas Trip - The Reunion

Arkansas has always been important to me but I haven't visited very often. This visit all began when Kay Higginbotham Allwhite asked about me at the last Cotton Plant reunion. My uncle let me know, I made a phone call which led to me finding her on Facebook. I have to admit, I remembered lots of people but I didn't think they remembered me. I've been gone for so long that to find out that Kay remembered me was amazing to me. A few notes on Facebook and I felt that I had reconnected with Kay, Vivian and Rita. I was such a surprise to look at their Facebook pages and find pictures of me when I was little. Vivian was going to Arkansas in June and the rest is history. I wanted to see my childhood friends. Paul didn't want to go but Chris didn't hesitate. When I asked her if she wanted to go to Arkansas her immediate response, "Sure." We arrived at Kay's house on Friday afternoon to a warm, Southern welcome. We stayed for a huge dinner and talked until dark. It was easy and comfortable talking about our childhood and our lives now. The next afternoon was perfect. Seeing friends that I remember was wonderful. I hope to see Kay, Vivian, Rita, Patsy and Gary again soon. I truly hope that our renewed friendship lasts forever.

No comments: