Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cooking, and Sewing, and Painting, OH,MY










Today was a stay home day but it was full.

Each girl made a clutch from a fabric and embellishment of their choice. They did most of the sewing, pinning, and ironing themselves.

Jillian made brownies with no help except taking the hot pan out of the oven. Gelsey made ginger cookies using the cookie gun. We used butter in the recipe instead of shortening so they didn't hold their shape but they do taste good.


We finished painting the old rocking chair today. You can see the before and after. One of our next sewing projects is a cushion for the rocking chair. We're having fun!!

1 comment:

The Murphys said...

Looks like FUN!! That chair is really bright! It's a good color to maybe paint a mural on.
I miss my girls, I had thought you guys would be here a week from tomorrow until the night before last when Josh corrected me. I'm glad you guys are having fun, this will be a summer for them to remember!