Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Garden July 6, 2011

The girls and I went out and worked in the garden a while. I didn't get a picture of Jillian but she and Gelsey helped. I'm really pleased with the progress of the garden. I'm already thinking about what to plant in the fall.


Gelsey was LOTS of help getting the cages on the tomatoes. I knew I couldn't do it alone and she knew just what to do. She may have a little Collard blood in there -real farmer stuff.



I had to include a picture of the squash. No bugs up to this point and a squash that will be ready to eat pretty soon.


Gelsey, my little farmer, helped pull all of the weeds in the raised beds. She learned the difference between a tender little seedling and a weed very quickly and did a brilliant job.



Here's the bed with beets (in the foreground) and green onions.

No comments: