Thursday, June 23, 2011

Locally Grown



Today I went on a quest to find locally grown food. I've heard for a while now to get locally grown foods when you can. So what exactly does that mean? Shopping at Whole Foods and Sunflower Market is fine but how do I support healthy food produced locally. Los Poblanos is fine but limited.
I was able to use the internet to locate the local farmer's markets and a coop. I joined the coop and got a pasture raised chicken from Socorro and the best goat cheese I've ever tasted from Estancia. This picture shows what I got at the farmer's market -grown in this county. I ate a turnip when I got home and there is no bitterness at all like some turnips. Amber would love that you can also buy flowers. I couldn't resist the sunflowers. I'm excited to roast the chicken and see if it is worth the extra money.

1 comment: