Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Working in the Yard/Garden

I've had a wonderful morning working outside. The vegetables are doing well. One watermelon is starting to send out runners. All of the tomatoes survived the great flood and now need regular watering. The picture shows that we even have blooms. Maybe little tomatoes will arrive soon. The squash is doing well. I got the eggplant, rosemary and oregano planted today.










I didn't spend all of my time with the vegetables. I watered everything and did some pruning. I couldn't see out of one of the bedroom windows because of the lilac bush so I aggresively pruned it. If it doesn't recover I'll dig it out next year and plant somethig else. The yellow roses.....well, they are just pretty. All of the roses are doing well and some of them are even doing great. I may cut a rose and keep it in the house all summer. Happy Gardening!

2 comments:

The Murphys said...

Looking good!! I'd start staking your tomatoes now before they get too big to manage : )

Ryan and Jess said...

The watermelon looks pretty good. I am surprised that it's maturing that fast.